We recommend you complete the course, 9 Days to Better Writing, before continuing.Go to your recommended course
Nonfiction Track: Your Roadmap Through the Guild
Total steps: 69
Total lessons: 69
Total videos: 0
Estimated time: 28 hours 15.5 minutes
Welcome to the Guild’s Nonfiction Track.
This roadmap will lead you through a list of Master Classes, Manuscript Repair & Rewrite Sessions, Office Hours, and miscellaneous assignments carefully tailored to improve your writing.
Writing nonfiction can be surprisingly similar to fiction in that you must become a storyteller who compels readers to keep turning pages.
In this course, you will learn to tell a powerful story, gain new writing skills, and learn to identify topics your audience wants to read about. And best of all, you’ll learn to write articles and books that have the best chance to sell.
After taking this course you will be able to:
- Recognize the steps it takes to become a nonfiction author
- Identify the topics agents and editors (and readers) want
- Recognize what’s required of effective nonfiction
- Conduct quality research on your topic
- Conduct meaningful interviews
- Discern what to include in, or exclude from your nonfiction
- Confidently pitch your writing to agents and publishers